Thursday, March 17, 2011

Epic Fail Cake

This is a picture of the cake I salvaged after my homemade fondant was a fiasco. The fondant was too dry and broke apart while I was placing it over the cake. I had to remove the fondant and basically trash it, make more buttercream frosting and re-ice the cake. I colored half the frosting with blue and did a pretty pattern on it. Nothing spectacular but it did taste pleasing. This was for a Wedding Shower of a co-worker and all my co-workers loved it. Just a white cake with almond/lemon buttercream frosting.
I really want to get better at the fondant making but hey, noone does perfectly on their very first try. I will try again once I have recovered (physically and mentally) from this experience. I will also try a different recipe. I have been reading the forums on CakeCentral and most of them talk about Marshmellow fondant. I think I will try that next.

I really hope I can get this figured out before Rachel's wedding day. I really want to do a nice cake for her and Joe. I also don't want to be all stressed out about it because that kind of ruins the big day. More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment