Friday, July 24, 2009

Contact Lenses/ Bifocals and makeup

For those of us who are over 40 now and are noticing our eyesight has gone wonky....here's to you.
I had to invest in a pair of bifocals this year after turning the big four-oh, and I gotta say, not loving it. They make me have a sick headache and I only wore them for about a week and put them away somewhere - I can't find them, which is fine with me. I have a hate-hate relationship with them. What I did find up in the bathroom cupboard is two boxes of unopened contacts (single vision) from last year that I ordered thinking I would take the time to pop them in before work (which never happened). Today, I did open them and put them in my eyes and since my vision hasn't changed much over the past two years, they work rather well.

I even put on makeup today which is a rarity for me since I normally have a "who cares what I look like" attitude. Makeup is such a waste of time and money - I think people should be more natural and not put all the chemicals on their faces to "enhance their beauty" - it is such a load of rubbish. That said, yes I did put makeup on today - I only use sheer cover which is minerals and very gentle and natural - it also makes my skin look great and has healing properties so when I don't wear it after I have been wearing it - well, I look better. The great thing about mineral makeup is that it doesn't expire or go bad.

I am going to Springfield today to get my hair cut/colored which I only do twice a year (or less) and I will also be seeing my eldest daughter (so I want to look decent). I was going to cancel my appointment due to lack of funds but Tracy (my girlfriend) talked me out of it - she said to put in on the credit card since it is something I have been looking forward to and really don't spend much on myself - ever. She talked me into it.

My hair is going to be shorter than it has been in 5 years! I am sick of it. I have long hair but I can't stand to wear it down - I don't like the hair getting in my face or tickling my neck so I keep it pulled back in an elastic and a headband. That kind of defeats the purpose of long hair - don't you think?
So, I am off to the hairdresser, with my single vision contacts and makeup on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment